Organic Salad Kits — easy deliciousness
Even when you’re short of time and ideas, it’s easy to add a healthy salad — or a springboard for creativity — to just about any meal with our delicious organic salad kits.
Why choose organic salad kits?
- Whether you’re choosing a salad kit for a quick lunch, a light dinner or a side dish, the most important ingredient is the salad itself — so it stands to reason that better greens will make a better kit.
- Like all leafy greens, spinach and lettuces can absorb impurities (like pesticides) that they’re exposed to as they grow — in fact, spinach is #5 and lettuce is #11 on the Environmental Working Group’s “Dirty Dozen” list, produce that carries the most pesticide residues when grown conventionally. You can lower your dietary exposure to pesticides substantially by avoiding the 12 most contaminated fruits and vegetables, and choosing organic for those items instead.
- Earthbound Farm organic salad kits contain greens that have been raised without synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, using farming methods that regenerate the soil and protect the health of the land and the people who work on it. The toppings and dressings are all organic, with no artificial ingredients or flavors, no GMOs and no trans fats. Altogether, our salad kits make a healthy meal or side dish that’s nutritious and delicious — and easy to love!
- WhatsOnMyFood.org from the Pesticide Action Network shows you searchable results for vegetables like lettuce, spinach and a wide range of other organic and conventional foods. It’s an empowering tool for learning about pesticide residues and their health effects.
How to store salad kits
- Salad kits in clamshell containers — greens, toppings and dressings (if included) — are highly perishable; always keep them refrigerated. Be sure to consume them by the “use date” on the package. Discard leaves that look slimy, discolored, wilted, or smell bad.