This week brings us another study on the health benefits of organic foods.
This time it’s a report published by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and scheduled to appear in the November issue of the journal Pediatrics.
This report provides good advice to parents and pediatricians, while highlighting the many benefits of organic farming and foods, including:
- Lower exposure to pesticides known to cause disease
- Lower exposure to drug-resistant bacteria
- Higher beneficial nutrient levels such as Vitamin C, total phenols and phosphorus
- Lower levels of detrimental substances such as nitrates
- Yields comparable to those of conventional farming techniques while avoiding environmental pollution and reducing fossil fuel consumption
- Lower pesticide exposure for farm workers
- Lower overall environmental impact than conventional farming.
Co-authors Dr. Joel Forman and Dr. Janet Silverstein added that there is a need for additional studies to improve our understanding of the long-term health effects of pesticide exposure from conventional foods.
All of this is why we do what we do at Earthbound Farm — working to provide organic food to as many people as possible, making it a reasonable choice in your local markets. We believe the benefits of eating organic and producing food organically are many and we know you feel the same, just as you appreciate everything we do to protect food safety. (Learn more at Every Body Deserves Safe Food .)
If you’d like to read the entire AAP study online, please click here .
If you have any questions, please leave a comment here or on Facebook  and we’ll get back to you quickly.
Charlie Sweat, CEO