Top Recipe: Spinach Yogurt Dip
Kids love to dip things — and a platter of assorted vegetables served with a tasty dip can keep them happily munching for a long time, eating tons of vitamins, minerals and healthy fiber.
With this recipe, try assembling a large assortment of veggies of different colors cut into different shapes that children can arrange on a platter any way they want. Cut carrots and cucumbers into sticks, circles and half moons; slice peppers of different colors into strips and squares; buy different types of cherry and grape tomatoes.
Serve the platter with a bowl of this easy-to-make dip with even more veggies in it. Plus, it has the many health benefits of yogurt: calcium, protein and probiotics. Kids can help measure all these ingredients and press the button that makes the food processor whirl.
Today’s Step is to gather the little ones to make and munch on this incredibly flavorful dip — or have some friends over and share the goodness!
- 1 cup tightly packed Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Earthbound Farm Organic Italian Parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped Earthbound Farm Organic Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup organic plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.