Post Feast, Try a Delicious Recharge
It’s as important as ever to recharge your body after holiday feasting — so give the day after (or any day) a healthy boost with a delightful smoothie anchored by one of our powerfully nutritious greens: Power, Kale or Baby Spinach!
Smoothies are delicious and incredibly easy. Wholesome organic frozen fruit and fruit juice add a gently sweet flavor and provide the perfect cover for healthy greens — even if you don't particularly like to eat your greens straight up.
The proportions in this recipe are about right for any combo of ingredients, so experiment and enjoy — your body will thank you!
- Prep time: 5 minutes | Makes 1 12-ounce smoothie
- 3 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Power, Kale or Baby Spinach (packed, about 2 oz)
- 2/3 cup Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Strawberries (about 3 oz, use 3/4 cup if berries are small)
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Blueberries (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup organic apple juice (10 fl oz)
- In order, add ingredients to a blender or juicer. Secure the blender lid and hold it to prevent leaks. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Made with Power — Calories per serving: 230, Total Fat 1 gram, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 90mg, Carbohydrates 57 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Sugars 45 grams, Protein 2 grams. Percentage Daily Values per serving (based on a 2,000-calorie diet): Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 110%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
- Made with Kale — Calories per serving: 240, Total Fat 1.5 grams, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 60mg, Carbohydrates 58 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Sugars 45 grams, Protein 2 grams. DV per serving: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 150%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
- Made with Baby Spinach — Calories per serving: 230, Total Fat 1 gram, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 50mg, Carbohydrates 57 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Sugars 45 grams, Protein 2 grams. DV per serving: Vitamin A 110%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.