Power Up Your Pizza
There are lots of ways to get more greens into your diet. Salad is an obvious choice, which of course is one of our favorites. But on top of a pizza? You bet!
Homemade pizza is a quick family favorite you can feel good about serving, especially if you power up the flavor and nutrition with some yummy strategic choices:
- Choose fiber-rich whole wheat crust (or make your own with our recipe).
- Top it with healthy, hearty organic greens like our Power, Baby Spinach, Kale or Baby Arugula.
Make your own delicious pizza — hot from the oven with no cardboard (and no tipping a delivery guy) — then double your veggies by serving it with a simple green side salad. Then maybe invite a friend to share? Good pizza loves company!
Power Greens Pizza
- Serves 4
- 1 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust (purchased or from scratch)
- 1/2 cup Organic low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Power Greens (or Baby Arugula, Mixed Baby Kales or Baby Spinach)
- 1/4 cup Goat cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat the oven according to the pizza crust manufacturer's (or recipe’s) directions.
- Spread sauce evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with Power Greens (or whichever greens you choose) and crumbled goat cheese. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, 12-15 minutes.
- While the pizza bakes, toss the rest of the hearty Earthbound Farm Organic greens together with your favorite ingredients to make a salad. Slice and serve the pizza with salad on the side. Enjoy!
- Calories per serving: 518, Fat 21 grams, Cholesterol 46.2 mg, Sodium 533 mg, Carbohydrates 59 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Sugars 6.6 grams, Protein 28 grams.