Power Greens Summer Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
You might associate kales and chards with winter, but our Power Greens add a whole new dimension to this bold leafy green salad. These baby greens are sweet and tender, just perfect for your summer salad bowl.
Here we've combined a medley of summer ingredients into a colorful, tasty salad with layers of texture and flavor: the crunch of fennel, the smooth creaminess of avocado, and the sweet juiciness of fresh corn. Our tangy blue cheese vinaigrette is the perfect accompaniment, but feel free to experiment with your own favorite dressings, too. Enjoy!
For Today’s Step, try this addictive salad with its marvelous textures and the perfect counterpoint of light and tangy blue cheese dressing. Then let us know what you think of it — or share any of your own custom touches — in Comments below.
- 5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Power Greens or Mixed Baby Kales
- 2 small ears Sweet corn (shucked and scraped, about 1 cup corn kernels)
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half if large)
- 2 small Earthbound Farm Organic Avocados (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Fennel (thinly sliced)
- 1 small Earthbound Farm Organic Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves (cut into a fine julienne)
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup White wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Agave syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons Warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Snipped chives (optional)
- To make the vinaigrette, place the oil, vinegar, cheese, agave, water, salt and pepper in a blender and process until smooth. Stir in snipped chives, if using. Best served at room temperature. The vinaigrette will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 weeks; bring it to room temperature again before using.
- When you’re ready to serve, place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle with about 1/3 cup of Blue Cheese Vinaigrette and toss again, adding more dressing as desired. Serve immediately.
Looking for more interesting ways to serve our delicious and nutritious greens? Try our Recipe Center for