The Perfect Salad Sidekick
Sometimes you want a salad that does it all, a fresh and filling entrée full of healthy produce (maybe more).
Other times, you want your salad to be a perfect partner, a subtle and delicious side note to a more robust meal.
This is that salad. Baby greens, herbs and a flavorful vinaigrette create wonderfully fresh bites that are a delicious complement to roast meats, fresh fish or even spicy pasta. Try offering these simple greens in a fun dish — like oversize footed teacups — to add eye appeal to your meal. Enjoy!
All-Green Fresh Herb Salad
- Prep Time: 20m | Serves 4
- Tender, tasty baby greens and fresh herbs make our Earthbound Farm Herb Salad a perennial favorite — from there we add fresh Italian parsley, tarragon and celery leaves to push the flavor even further. Dressed with a delicious vinaigrette, this all-green salad is the perfect light side salad, a terrific palate cleanser for a hearty meal.
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caper juice
- 1 tablespoon dry red vermouth
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallots
- 1 anchovy fillet (mashed to a paste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Herb Blend Salad
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley (leaves only)
- 1/4 cup fresh celery leaves (chopped, if very large)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- To make the vinaigrette, place the vinegar, lemon and caper juices, vermouth, shallots, anchovy, Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of black pepper in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine. With the machine running, slowly add the canola and olive oils in a thin, steady stream to emulsify the dressing. Season to taste with salt and more pepper as desired. Set aside. (The vinaigrette can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 months. Let it return to room temperature before using.)
- Place the salad greens, parsley, celery and tarragon leaves in a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Add about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette to the greens and toss to coat lightly. Taste and add more dressing if needed, then toss again. Serve immediately.
- Per serving: Calories 170, Fat 17 grams, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrates 4 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Sugars 1 gram, Protein 1 gram.
- Percentage Daily Values per serving (based on a 2,000-calorie diet): Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.