Make Your Perfect Antipasto Salad
One of the best things about this kind of salad is that you can improvise with whatever you have on hand — which is a great way to change up your approach to an entrée-worthy salad and a clever way to use up holiday leftovers, too.
So feel free to substitute ham for the salami...throw in sun-dried tomatoes instead of (or with) fresh...use basil in lieu of oregano for the vinaigrette...skip the artichokes in favor of hearts of palm. You get the idea.
Romaine is an excellent choice for the foundation of this salad medley because it's crisp and juicy, and it holds its own beautifully under substantial ingredients.
Take Today’s Step and make romaine the foundation of your next salad — then add whatever you like to make it perfect for you. What’s your favorite salad combo? Share with everyone in Comments below!
- Serves 6
- 1/3 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Fresh oregano (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cloves Earthbound Farm Organic Garlic (finely minced)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads Earthbound Farm Organic Romaine Hearts (sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch ribbons)
- 1 head Radicchio (cored and thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces Provolone cheese (sliced thick and cut into strips)
- 4 ounces Genoa salami (cut into thin strips)
- 1 can Albacore tuna in oil (drained)
- 1 can Artichoke hearts (drained and quartered)
- 2 large Tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup Pitted black or Kalamata olives (coarsely chopped)
- Place the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, mustard and garlic in a large salad bowl and whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
As you might imagine, we’ve got lots of ideas for terrific ways to use romaine — both hot and cold! Check them out in our Recipe Center and enjoy.