The clock has sprung forward and the Earth is spinning into Spring — just the time to welcome brighter days with fare that’s long on healthy flavor. Here are some wide-ranging and delicious dishes from some of our favorite bloggers…and one of our favorite cookbook authors, too (our co-founder Myra Goodman, of course). Enjoy!
- Pasta with Ricotta, Peas and Mint: Our friend Amelia at Eating Made Easy makes a quick, creamy-delicious dish that you can customize easily with whatever’s on hand — oh, and (turkey) bacon, too. Yum!
- Almond-Crusted Salmon with Cilantro Cherry Quinoa: Our friend Amie at The Healthy Apple says this recipe is easy…and “the finished product is positively sinful.” ‘Nuff said!
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Polenta and Greens: Ashley at The Edible Perspective combines flavors she loves into a spectacular dish. Grabbing a fork now!
- Fried Five-Spice Shrimp Salad with Black Beans and Avocados: Maggy at Three Many Cooks recalls her Caribbean vacation with this delightful and hearty main-dish salad. (Choose sustainable shrimp and you’re all set!)
- Harissa Spaghetti with Kale: From Shanon at the Curvy Carrot, here’s a dish that’s one of her “top 3 recipes of all time” — easy enough for a weeknight, too. (She had us at “spaghetti.”)
- California Waldorf Salad: Here’s a lively West Coast update that adds tender organic baby spinach and a lighter dressing to the American classic. It’s one of our favorites from Myra’s first cookbook, Food to Live By.