Blend Up a Berry Treat
Here’s a beautiful smoothie just bursting with lively blueberry flavor…and secret spinach goodness! It’s packed with vitamins and antioxidants from organic blueberries — and what’s more, it’s a terrific way to sneak more veggies into your diet, especially if you (or your kids) aren’t crazy about greens. The organic spinach goes unnoticed flavor-wise, but it contributes important nutrients including vitamins, folate, potassium and iron.
Go organic to get the best out of your smoothie — both blueberries and spinach are on the EWG’s Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides in Produce, produce that tends to carry the most pesticide residues when it’s grown conventionally. And not only are Earthbound frozen organic berries and spinach convenient, the frozen ingredients help thicken your smoothie perfectly.
So get out your blender! Whip up this delicious smoothie for breakfast, or as a refreshing afternoon treat. You might just develop a healthy new habit.
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Serves 2 (makes about 16 oz.)
- 4 ounces Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Blueberries
- 3 ounces vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 ounce Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Spinach
- 8 ounces apple or orange juice (preferably organic)
- Add the ingredients to a blender or juicer. Secure the lid and hold it to prevent leaks. Blend for about 30 seconds, then stop to scrape down the sides of the blender and give the liquid a stir. Continue blending until smooth. Serve immediately.
- With apple juice — calories per serving: 160, Fat 3 grams, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 40 mg, Carbohydrates 33 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Sugars 26 grams, Protein 2 grams.
- With orange juice — calories per serving: 160, Fat 3 grams, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 40 mg, Carbohydrates 31 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Sugars 24 grams, Protein 3 grams.