Baby Kales in a Salad to Remember
When you have a flavorful green foundation for your salad, “simple” doesn’t mean “boring.” This simple salad is a delicious example of the almost magical way that different tastes and textures can come together to make a salad truly sing.
Our Mixed Baby Kales are perfect for salads. Here their light earthiness combines beautifully with a slightly sweet golden balsamic vinaigrette, crunchy pine nuts, chewy golden raisins and shavings of intensely flavorful aged Gouda in a salad to remember.
(Actually, our Power Greens work beautifully in this salad, too. In fact, you may have a hard time deciding which combination of super-flavorful — and super-nutritious — baby leaves are really your favorite!)
Take Today’s Step and try this salad at a family dinner or a get-together with friends. You’ll be fielding requests for the recipe before dessert (you don’t have to mention you found it here — we won’t tell). But please tell us what you think in Comments below!
Baby Kale Salad with Golden Raisins, Pine Nuts and Gouda
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons Golden balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Mild honey (such as tupelo)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Mixed Baby Kales
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons Pine nuts (toasted)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Aged Gouda or Parmegiano Reggiano (shaved)
- Combine the vinegar, oil, honey and salt in a small glass jar, seal tightly, and shake vigorously to combine. Set the dressing aside at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks (be sure to return it to room temperature before using).
- Place the kale in a large salad bowl. Just before serving, add the dressing, tossing to coat the leaves. Add the raisins and pine nuts, and toss again. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer the salad to individual plates or serve in the bowl, garnished with shavings of cheese.
Hungry for more? Our Mixed Baby Kales know what to do in a salad bowl OR in a sauté pan. Find great recipe ideas in our Recipe Center!