Baby Greens and Bok Choy with Sesame and Ginger
Unlike mature kale leaves that you buy in a bunch, baby kale doesn't need any advance prep and cooks in a jiffy. Here, we've combined it with baby bok choy, sesame oil, ginger and garlic for a flavorful and super-healthy stir fry. These delicious veggies make a great-tasting combo when served over rice.
Today’s Step is to make this tasty creation (it can be ready in just 15 minutes), then spend all the time you save by sitting down and sharing it with friends.
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoons Earthbound Farm Organic Ginger Purée (or fresh ginger, grated)
- 2 cloves Earthbound Farm Organic Garlic (finely minced)
- 3 large Earthbound Farm Organic Green Onions (trimmed and sliced on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch lengths)
- 5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Mixed Baby Kales
- 2 heads Baby bok choy (separated into leaves and cut crosswise into 1-inch wide strips)
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (Japanese rice wine, found in the international section of most supermarkets
- 1/2 tablespoons Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 dash Toasted sesame oil (as garnish, optional)
- Place a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add the sesame oil, ginger, garlic and green onions. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add the baby kale, bok choy and mirin to the skillet, raise the heat to medium-high, and stir fry until the kale has wilted and the bok choy is crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Transfer the mixture to a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Drizzle with toasted sesame oil, if you like, and serve immediately.