Blend a Sip of Sunshine
While we’re muddling through the gray depths of winter, our friend Amie Valpone at The Healthy Apple has an idea we just love: a sunshiny smoothie that gives us a tickle from our taste buds to our tummies.
And if you’re monitoring your diet for specific ingredients (or even if you’re not), this smoothie has you covered: it’s dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan, too!
Not to mention delicious.
What more could you ask for?
Oh, the recipe. Here you go. Enjoy!
Amie’s Strawberry Cilantro Coconut Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5m | Serves 2 (makes about 2-1/2 cups)
- Amie wrote this recipe with fresh strawberries in mind, but if they're not available where you are, try our frozen organic strawberries. Then adjust the ice to your taste.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (stems removed)
- 1 medium ripe banana (peeled)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to serving glasses. Serve immediately.
- Per 1.25-cup serving: Calories 272, Fat 10 grams, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 121 mg, Carbohydrates 41 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Sugars 16 grams, Protein 6 grams.