Myra Goodman and her husband, Drew, founded Earthbound Farm back in 1984 on 2.5 acres in Carmel Valley, California — where they learned how to farm organically and cultivated a lifelong passion literally in their backyard. (Learn more about the Earthbound story here.)
In addition to being a featured contributor Earthbound’s Fresh Feast blog and other food blogs and magazines, Myra has authored three cookbooks that share her passion for delicious food and a healthy planet: Food to Live By – The Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook; The Earthbound Cook – 250 Recipes for Delicious Food and a Healthy Planet; and her new book, Straight from the Earth – 100 Irresistible Vegan Recipes for Everyone, which is co-authored by her daughter Marea.
As a passionate advocate for organic food and farming, she has appeared on dozens of televisions shows including Oprah, Live with Regis and Kelly, and Good Morning America Health, and has been featured in many publications including More, People and Bon Appetit. Drew and Myra still live on their original farm in Carmel Valley.
Myra’s new cookbook, Straight from the Earth, is out now!
Get a recipe preview now on Organic Bound (more to come in April).
The delicious delight of discovering these new recipes is its own reward, of course, but we love to check out the reviews and interviews online, too!
- TheDailyMeal.com calls Straight from the Earth "a necessary reference for anyone looking to find unique alternatives to meat-based dishes." Check out their whole review (and more recipes, too).
- Dig deeper into the story behind the book in Myra's recent conversation with the ChicVegan.com.
- Listen to Myra's conversation with "Taste Matters" host Mitchell Davis on the Heritage Radio Network.
- In her review, veteran blogger The Vegan Mom said the recipes "create meals that are nothing short of amazing."
- Myra and Marea teamed up for an interview with Oldways in a "Cookbook Q & A" here.
- Cookbooks365.com featured the cookbook's luscious Banana-Coconut Cake recipe here.
- FoodRepublic.com had one thing to say about the spectacular Grilled Fig Sandwiches with Roasted Pistachio Pesto recipe: "Wow! Just wow." Get the recipe here.
- Monterey's own Monterey Country Weekly grabbed an insightful interview with Myra; read it here.